Monday, October 26, 2009

"It is always easy to preach others "

My son is P5 now, one more year for PSLE. Almost all Singaporean parents know how stressful the year of PSLE would be. Mine has no exception. After I received his CA2 exam results, I found myself in almost panic state. Out of "parenting instinct", I started to call for tuition help.....

So you can image how disagreeable I was when my son told me that he had been selected into the school team and he would have needed "extra" training....Time, time, after Chinese tuition, Math and English tuition, he has only one afternoon "Free" time. I would rather him to rest than to do some "extra training."

All of sudden, all those parenting tips that I used to give to others floored back to myself, seemingly mocking at me, "Haha, it is always easy to preach to others."

We know, by the good wisdom of many parents, that it is good for children to play, they learn more by playing.....
(but not in the year 6, right?)

We know, by the good wisdom of many parents, that we should allow our children to follow his passion to make their own choices.....
(but not this time right?)

We know, by the good wisdom of many parents, that PSLE is
NOT the utmost goal to achieve....
(I bet that you don't want them to fail...hee hee

Well, now with my son's whole-hearted devotion to football, I feel powerless to practice what I preach :=(

2 comments:

Tan said...

yo! chanced upon ur blog .. very insightful. jus curious, are u a teacher or student!

i always love to study sociology, but too bad no chance to further it in nie.

Prisca Lim said...

hi, Dear Tan, neither teacher nor student am I NOW, sadly, I am taking indefinite leave due to my unexpected fifth child....:=)